"
Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -Julia Child

Monday 28 March 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

Finally the reveal of the finished product....

My poor butterfly lost part of his little wing...normally I would just make another one, but when it is 8:00pm and you have been at school since noon...dinner seems much more important. 

This cake felt like I was carrying the equivalent of 3 bricks. 


I knew this was the type of cake I wanted to do for a long time...actually I have been imagining what my theme would be since last May when I officially decided to continue with culinary school and put of the 'real world' for another year. With Spring wafting through the air in London this past week, strawberries, butterflies, and flowers seems to be the only appropriate expression of happiness we all felt to see and feel a little sunshine.

This is a fruit cake through and through. Admittedly I did end up trying a bit of the fruit cake that has been soaking in rum for the past 2 months....well I will just leave the taste to your imagination. My flatmates said it tasted like Christmas and they ate it right up. People say that at some point cultures do eventually collide and apparently they collide over fruit cake.

I am now officially a Superior Patisserie student and I couldn't be happier. Stay tuned everyone, because Monday starts pulled sugar and a few new classmates. I have a feeling these past few months have been a mere 'amuse bouche' to what I am about to sink my teeth into.

No comments:

Post a Comment