"
Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -Julia Child

Monday 25 January 2010

Are you in love? Because this is salty...

Today we made puff pastry from scratch and crepes. My friend Allison made some crepes that apparently were very salty. The chef asked her if she was in love, because apparently women in love over salt their food. It was pretty funny. For me today was not the best. My first attempt at puff pastry was a fail, because I used the wrong flour. Attempt number two I ended up not adding enough water and the dough completely crumbled when I tried to fold in the butter block (literally a block) into it. Finally on attempt number 3, I got it right. My crepes were coming along quite well and was my saving grace for the day...I had them perfectly plated with my citrus sauce. I turned around to grab something off the stove and apparently the saran wrap had rolled off the shelf behind me, hit my crepe plate and off the counter it fell. My crepes obviously ruined and the plate shattered into about 100 pieces. Thankfully I did have one crepe left over, so I ended up presenting that one. It definitely was not my best one, but it had good flavor. I didn't dare ask my grade for the day haha! After 7 hours of class I grabbed an afternoon snack with my friend before heading back to my dorm. It was a nice way to unwind from the craziness of the day. I am getting excited, because my cousin Melissa is coming to visit me in a few weeks and my college roommate Naomi is coming for a few days. I cant wait to see them!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you having visitors! I SO wish I could come. Who invented this working thing?? :-) If it's any consolation, you can make crepes for us any day over here, and we'll always give you an A! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooo why is Honolulu so freaking far from London?? I want to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete