"
Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -Julia Child

Sunday 10 January 2010

You want me to do what?!

I forgot to add on my last post that during my fruit salad lesson we also learned how to make little sugar sculptures...which really ended up looking like little squiggles of sugar. It was so much fun. The only catch to it is that you have to get the sugar boiling and it has to be a particular temperature and consistency. Apparently the only way you can know what stage the sugar is at is by sticking your fingers in the boiling sugar. So yes, we had to soak our hands in freezing ice water (you know to make sure we could not feel our fingers) and then stick them into the boiling sugar. When our chef first mentioned it, I thought she was crazy. It was very daunting at first, but you honestly get used to it. After a few times, it actually was really fun and one of my favorite lessons.
Last night a group of about 5 of us from the dorm decided to go hangout at a little piano bar around the corner and we were going to meet up with one of our group members friends. When we got there we were just introducing ourselves and saying what countries we were all from. There was one girl from Texas. She had brought two of her friends who were studying abroad. I asked them where they were from and they said that they were from California, but went to Baylor. I just about fell off my chair in shock! What are the odds that I would meet them at a random neighborhood pub. It was really fun chatting with them and I think we may go see a show together next weekend.
Sunday Sam (my fashion school friend) and I decided to brave Oxford Street to catch some of the sales in the afternoon. Let me just say that we were not the only ones who had this idea. After a few hours of snowy London and very crowded stores, we decided to call it quits and come back to the dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment